My veggies didn’t arrive before I left to drop the boys off with their Dad so I didn’t get to spend my Friday afternoon in the usual lovely pursuit of recipes to use for the week. However, I did spend Friday evening doing that instead and finding ways to use these vegetables.
So, I came up with the following (7 meals as I have the boys next weekend):
1. Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry – Veganomicon – with rice
2. Leek and Bean Cassoulet With Biscuits – Veganomicon – with runner beans (from last week’s box)
3. Broccoli Cheeze Soup – Table For Two – with bread of some sort
4. Almost All American Seitan Potpie – Veganomicon – with runner beans
5. Wheat Meat Stroganoff – Vegan Planet – with tagliatelle
6. Beans in Leek Sauce – The Bean Book – with roast potatoes
7. Hearty Winter Roots Soup – Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons – with bread of some sort
I realised that I didn’t find a use for the butternut squash, but it’s not going to go off anytime soon so I’m not worried about it. I just couldn’t face soup from it again 2 weeks in a row and none of my recipe books gave me anything else interesting to do with it (besides risotto but I didn’t fancy that for some reason). I just hope we don’t get another one next week or I’ll be over run with them! I didn’t put the sweetcorn in anything either, I’m thinking perhaps I’ll have it for lunch one day.
This was the fruit for the week:
I am thinking of plum crumble one night to use them up and I used up some apples from previous weeks plus some that my sister gave me off the tree from her garden to make a huge pot of applesauce which I will freeze in 1/4 cup portions for future use.