I am still getting used to eating seasonally as this is on the second season we’ve been doing it (and we only had a week or so of summer boxes) and I know that we will get a bit tired of things (broccoli being the main one around here!) but on the other hand when new things appear in the box it will be more exciting and we will appreciate them more for not eating them every week.
So the menu for this week (where I don’t have the boys for the weekend) is
1. Spinach and Mushroom Calzones – Vegan Italiano – it doesn’t call for sauce but I will be using the sauce from Vegan With a Vengeance and probably putting some Melty White Cheese or similar in them.
2. Broccoli Creem Soup – Get It Ripe – I have decided that I will do soup for our Sunday evening meal (they have a main meal with their Dad) rather than just a cold sandwich. It will keep them warm and also stop there being leftover vegetables. Soup is something I can make before I leave to pick them up and then reheat when we’re ready for it.
3. Butternut Squash, Corn and Cilantro Phyllo Rolls – Real Food Daily – these will be cilantroless as there wasn’t any in the supermarket, I may throw some dry in though. The butternut squash we got in last week’s box and the pastry I’ve had in the freezer forever. I’ve only used this book once before so I’m looking forward to trying more from it.
4. Indian Cauliflower and Kidney Bean Stew – Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker – not used the slow cooker for a meal in a while so it’s due for a run again.
5. Italian Vegan Sausages – Everyday Dish blog with swede and carrots and potatoes. Yes, seitan again, but at least it’s only once this week!
This is the fruit for the week, organic fair trade bananas which are great and the first time we’ve had the fair trade.