Sorry for the short blog silence there. I was up to date posting what I had made for a change and was going to post a book review or what I’d made that night and then Piggle and I ended up spending a night in the hospital and it’s taken me a few days to find my feet again and get back into the swing of things.
Piggle had Bronchialitis when he was a small baby and ever since he was born has been what the medical community refer to as a ‘happy wheezer‘, which means there is nothing actually wrong with his lungs but he wheezes all the time. However, with the Bronchialitis having weakened his lungs whenever he gets a bad cold or a virus he struggles to breathe and I’ve been in the hospital with him twice now since we moved here so that he can be monitored overnight, have steroids and use an inhaler regularly. They think that he will grow out of it (and you’d not know it ever happened the way he’s back to his usual self now) but for the time being I am now keeping an inhaler in the house with instructions as to when his breathing is considered bad enough to take him in to the hospital again. What with having an older brother bring everything home from school he does get a lot of colds but I hope that we won’t have to visit the hospital too many more times, the one we go to is kept far too hot and it’s incredibly boring and frustrating for both of us, we waited 3 hours this time for them to write a letter saying that we could go home which after a sleepless night of being woken up by the nurses checking on Piggle almost pushed me over the edge!
I have a load of posts to write now so I should hopefully be back to posting every day once again!
So, a week late here are last week’s vegetables for you and my menu!
And this is the menu to try and use it up!
1. Tofu and Kale Spanakoptia – Vegan Planet I didn’t get to this one last week so I’m still intending to make it.
2. Stuffed Butternut Squash with Carrot, Ginger and Almond Stuffing from Rose Elliot’s Vegetarian Cookery with potatoes and the last of the sprouts from last week.
3. Cauliflower, Broccoli Cheese Bake – The Cookbook For People Who Love Animals with mashed potatoes.
4. Shepherds Pie using my Mother’s recipe and tvp to replace the meat with potato and celeriac topping and a vegetable (probably carrots looking at how many there still are in the fridge!). I looked and looked for a celeriac recipe and could only find 2 and neither of them sounded appetising so if you have a good celeriac recipe please let me know!
5. Vegetable Stew with Dumplings. Another ‘use up the stuff that’s been in there for ages’ recipe plus in the cold weather who can turn down a big bowl of stew with a lovely dumpling on top? I will add some tvp chunks for a bit of texture.
And that’s that. Will now get on with writing the posts for all the stuff I’ve made and not had time to blog about!