So another week another vegetable box. I’m still loving getting these boxes each week and seeing what we’ve got, Jim also gets excited about them and wants to help me put the veggies on the table so I can take the photo (he also reminds me to take photos of the meals we have before we start to eat!).
This week we got potatoes, onions, carrots, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, a small pumpkin, swede and mushrooms.
I’ve just realised that I forgot to put the mushrooms into the menu for the week so I will fry those up and have them on toast for my lunch in a minute!
The menu for this week is as so:
1. Fall Harvest – this is a recent post from the Hugger Food blog, I’m going to use the pumpkin rather than butternut squash.
2. Cauliflower and Potato Spice Soup – Soup Kitchen. I have wanted this book from my sister’s collection for ages and she never uses it. This weekend my Mother pulled it out and said how much she liked it and my sister offered it to her, so I threw a mock fit and claimed it as my own instead, on the agreement that my Mum can borrow it now and again to use it! It’s a collection of soup recipes from big name chefs and there are some very interesting ones in there that I’m looking forward to trying.
3. Southwestern Corn Pudding with Chile Cornmeal Tofu – both from Veganomicon
4. Leftover Chickpea Patties with potatoes and brussel sprouts.
5. Chickpea Broccoli Casserole – Veganomicon with potatoes
6. Carrot Soup and Biscuits – La Dolce Vegan (may not have this as we had soup from the freezer last night as I couldn’t be bothered to cook anything being not so well).
7. Stew with Dumplings – using up all the leftover veg again and some tvp chunks.
I have ordered my food shopping online this week to be delivered as Piggle isn’t really well enough to drag around the shops in the freezing weather we’re having. The only things I couldn’t get were puddings and vanilla soya milk so they will just have to live without those for a week (I think I have some custard in the cupboard that will keep them a few nights). I am hoping that everything I ordered will actually arrive, my bugbear with online food shopping is that they send your order incomplete if things aren’t in stock which means that often I’ve had to go to the supermarket anyway to pick up important ingredients that I need. So, fingers crossed that everything arrives or we may have to live on the soup dishes on the menu until I can get out to pick up what’s not sent!