So, finally an up to date menu before I’ve actually cooked everything off it! This is the box that arrived on Friday containing carrots, onions, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, kale, parsnips, butternut squash and a savoy cabbage. I didn’t post about last week’s box, we have some leftover cherry tomatoes and cabbage from that one along with a megaton of carrots as per usual!
So, I am intending to create the following (boys are away for the weekend so only Sunday night’s dinner is needed, usually soup).
1. Chickpea Cutlets from Veganomicon with Creamy Parsnip Bake from Rose Elliot’s Vegetarian Kitchen and potatoes in some shape or form.
2. Penne with Sweet Pepper and Tomato Sauce – The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
3. Braised Cabbage With Red Beans and Rice – The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
4. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Vegan With a Vengeance (I will use 3lbs of butternut squash and 2lbs of carrots)
5. Stew using up the vegetables not planned for anything else, so half a box of mushrooms, carrots, kale, celery and some of the swede I froze ages ago. I will also throw in some tvp chunks and make suet dumplings.
So, some new things on there and the return of the Chickpea Cutlet as I’ve been thinking about them the last few days and really wanting to eat them again! The Sweet Pepper and Tomato sauce is the first thing I thought of when I saw the cherry tomatoes and was a certainty to be made when the second box arrived before I’d touched the first.