So here we go with some more organic vegetable boxes and menus. Things have been a little hectic here with the Easter Holiday and then Jim’s 6th Birthday party to organise, but with the party behind us (it was 99% vegan which made me very happy!) I can try and find some sort of routine in my life again just in time for the summer holidays to start and it all to go out the window again!
In this box we got carrots, potatoes, onions, cauliflower, mushrooms, greens, parsnips and purple sprouting broccoli.
I seem to have posted some of the dishes from this menu but never the box or the menu itself!
1. Fresh Burgers with home made potato wedges – Refresh
2. Mushroom Risotto – Candle Cafe Cookbook.
3. Sesame Tofu with Sauteed Collard Greens and Whole Roasted Garlic served with Cornbread – Real Food Daily
4. Home made Pizza
5. Linguine with Broccoli Sauce and Garlic – Vegan Italiano
6. Ditali with Cauliflower – The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
7. Granose Chicken Roast with Carrots, roast parsnips and roast potatoes.
In this box we got parsnips, potatoes, carrots, purple sprouting broccoli, onions, celeriac, chard, greens and cauliflower.
1. Broccoli with Potatoes – Spicy Vegan with rice and poppadoms.
2. I did a green pasta sauce with the greens and a few other bits served over wholemeal macaroni. The sauce was great but of course I didn’t write down what I put in so I’ll never be able to do it again!
3. Cauliflower Cheese
4. Indian Wraps – Candle Cafe Cookbook
5. Something I can’t remember because I didn’t actually make what’s on the menu!
This box contained carrots, potatoes, a courgette, onions, cauliflower, mushrooms, chard and greens. I gave the greens to my sister as I had no plans for them and was greened out!
1. Citrus Marinated Tofu and Sweet Potatoes – Vegan Fire and Spice
2. Chickpea Cutlets, carrots and Slow-Cooked Scalloped Potatoes – Veganomicon and You Won’t Believe It’s Vegan.
3. Black Bean, Mushroom and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – Vegan With a Vengeance.
4. Lentil Soup with Chard and Orzo – Vegan Planet
5. Kohlrabi (Gaanth Gobhi) – Spicy Vegan using half kohlrabi my sister gave me and half parsnips.
So, those were the boxes and now I can get on with the more interesting topic of the meals themselves!