I’ve got no food to show you today so I will take my turn with this list! This is a pretty US-centric list so I will post comments along with my replies!
1) Copy this list into your blog or social networking site profile, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out or italicize any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment on this post linking to your results.
2. Cactus/Nopales – not something you see over here
3. Scrambled Tofu
4. Grilled Portobella Caps
5. Fresh Ground Horseradish
6. Sweet Potato Biscuits – haven’t tried this yet but it sounds nice
7. Arepas – don’t know what this is!
8. Vegan Coleslaw
9. Ginger Carrot Soup
10. Fiddlehead Ferns
11. Roasted Elephant Garlic
12. Umeboshi – I have paste in my fridge and it’s pretty nice.
13. Almond Butter Toast – Almond Butter costs an arm and a leg over here so I’ve not tried it. I do like Sunflower Butter though.
14. Aloe Vera
15. H and H Bagel NYC – I’ve not been to NYC since I was 9 so no…
16. Slow Roasted Butternut Squash
17. White truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Freshly ground wasabi
20. Coconut Milk Ice Cream – I’ve never seen this over here and I don’t have an icecream maker yet.
21. Heirloom Tomtoes
22. Orchard fresh-pressed apple cider – cider over here is alcoholic and I can never figure out the difference between apple juice and apple cider in US terms.
23. Organic California Mango – I wouldn’t buy a mango that had travelled all the way from California!
25. Papaya Smoothie
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper – I know I would hate that amount of heat so I doubt I ever will!
27. Goji Berry Tea
28. Fennel – I am not a fan of the fennel seed flavour so I won’t eat the vegetable.
29. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
30. Radishes and Vegan Buttery Spread – I’ve never been a fan of radishes.
32. Oven fresh Sourdough bread
33. Sangria made with premium fruit and juices
34. Sauerkraut – I really want to try this sometime but I never remember to look for it in the shops!
35. Acai Smoothie
36. Blue Foot Mushrooms
37. Vegan Cupcake from Babycakes NYC – it would be a rather long journey for a cupcake… The cookbook is on my wishlist though.
38. Sweet Potatoes and Tempeh combo – I’m not a tempeh fan so I won’t be ruining my sweet potatoes with it.
39. Falafel – store bought and home made, I love falafel!
40. Spelt Crust Pizza – I bought some crusts made of spelt and made my own pizzas.
41. Salt and Pepper Oyster Mushrooms
42. Jicama Slaw – I have never seen a Jicama, I don’t know anywhere in the UK that stocks them.
43. Pumpkin Edamame Ginger Dumplings
44. Hemp Milk
45. Rose Champagne – I don’t like champagne, it’s too dry for me.
46. Fuyu (aka persimmons)
47. Raw Avocado-Coconut Soup – I have to say that doesn’t sound very nice…
48. Tofu Pesto Sandwich
49. Apple-Lemon-Ginger-Cayenne fresh-pressed juice – I don’t like the type of heat cayenne adds to things so I won’t be trying this.
50. Grilled Seitan – I’ve stewed it, fried it, battered it and several other ways but I’ve yet to grill it.
51. Prickly pear – when I was a kid living in CA, it was really nice!
52. Fresh Pressed Almond Milk – I’ve had shop bought stuff.
53. Concord Grapes off the vine
54. Ramps – don’t know what a ramp is…
55. Coconut Water fresh from a young coconut – I’ve had it store bought, another thing I’ve never seen over here.
56. Organic Arugula – I grew some one year, it was nice.
57. Vidalia Onion- we have red onions or white onions over here, beyond that and shallots you don’t see varieties posted very often…
58. Sampler of organic produce from Diamond Organics – I’ve never heard of Diamond Organics.
59. Honeycrisp Apple – This isn’t a variety I’ve ever seen, I’m thinking it would have to be imported from the States which would mean I’d not buy it.
60. Poi – never heard of this…
61. Vegan Campfire-toasted S’mores
62. Grape seed Oil – I usually have some in my cupboard.
63. Farm Fresh Peach – peaches don’t grow in the UK.
64. Freshly-made pita bread with freshly-made hummus
65. Chestnut Snack Packs
66. Fresh Guava
67. Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – that sounds like an odd combination.
68. Raw Mallomar from One Lucky Duck, NYC – again, too far too travel
69. Fried Plantains
70. Mache – what’s mache?
71. Golden Beets
72. Barrel-Fresh Pickles
73. Liquid Smoke – I have 2 bottles in the cupboard.
74. Meyer Lemon – I’ve never seen one for sale, I’m thinking again they’d have to be imported from the States and I try not to buy things that have travelled that far.
75. Veggie Paella – I have a couple of recipes but I’ve yet to try to make it.
76. Vegan Lasagna
77. Kombucha – is this a type of squash? I have odd sqash in my fridge that I don’t know the name of so I may have eaten this and just not known it!
78. Homemade Soy Milk
79. Lapsang souchong – not a fan
80. Lychee Bellini – not a fan of lychees
81. Tempeh Bacon – it was ok but as I said, I’m not a tempeh fan.
82. Sprouted Grain Bread -again not something you see over here
83. Lemon Pepper Tempeh
84. Vanilla Bean – although not too often as they’re expensive. I have one in a jar of sugar to use for baking.
85. Watercress – don’t like it
86. Carrot you pulled out of the ground yourself – I could never get carrots to grow!
87. Vegan In-Season Fruit Pie
89. Corn Chowder
90. High Quality Vegan Raw Chocolate
91. Yellow fuzz-free Kiwi – I’ve never seen one of these
92. White Flesh Grapefruit – again, never seen one
93. Harissa – there’s a jar in my fridge
94. Coconut Oil – very expensive for organic so I don’t buy very much of it
95. Jackfruit – never seen one
96. Homemade Risotto
97. Spirulina – I keep looking for it but the organic stuff is mega expensive
98. Seedless ‘Pixie’ Tangerine – never seen one
99. Gourmet Sorbet
100. Fresh Plucked English Peas – we got these in our organic box during the summer.
I think this is an odd list of things really, I don’t know if a lot of non-vegans would have eaten a whole bunch of the stuff on this list and I don’t think it represents the variety of the vegan diet, it just looks like all we eat is strange stuff. Anyway, there it is, my list. See you tomorrow!